The Tokyo Disney Resort Line (Monorail) will celebrate its 20th Anniversary on July 27, 2021.
To celebrate the 20th Anniversary, you can listen to Mickey Mouse announcements on the train and buy limited edition free tickets!
- An Overview of the Tokyo Disney Resort Line’s 20th Anniversary
I’ll be sharing about the Tokyo Disney Resort Line’s 20th Anniversary event.
For more information on the Disney Resort Line, please refer to my previous post.
Tokyo Disney Resort Line Celebrates its 20th Anniversary
The Disney Resort Line, a must for transportation within Tokyo Disney Resort, will celebrate its 20th Anniversary on July 27, 2021.
The monorail opened in 2001, the same year as Tokyo DisneySea.
To celebrate the 20th Anniversary, you can experience the following events.
- Mickey Mouse will make announcements inside the new Type-C trains (from the first train on July 27).
- Exhibition of the history of the Line at the Resort Gateway Station (from July 27, 2021, to March 31, 2022)
- Day Passes with a limited 20th-anniversary design will go on sale (from July 22).
- Costume designs for cast members will change (from July 27)
- Special Movie to be released on Tokyo Disney Resort’s official YouTube channel and official website (July 27-)
What kind of event will it be? Let’s dig into them one by one.
Mickey Mouse to take over in-train announcements
Mickey Mouse will be taking over the in-train announcements, which an adult male voice has made.
You can receive a message from Mickey Mouse at each station.
Please note that Mickey Mouse will only appear on the newer cars (Type-C).
When you are on the platform of the Resort Line, both the old and new cars will be coming, so if you want to ride the new car, you’d better consider the waiting time in your schedule.
Exhibition at the Disney Resort Gateway Station
There’s an exhibition that introduces monorail history at the Resort Gateway Station in front of Maihama Station.
- 1/10 scale model and concept sketch of the new vehicle (Type-C) (first public appearance)
- Scenes from the opening ceremony 20 years ago
- Display of cast members’ costumes from the opening to the present
You will get to know valuable model trains and concept sketches for the first time. If you know the history of the Disney Resort Line, riding the monorail is going to be even more fun!
20th Anniversary Limited Design Day Passes
At the Resort Gateway Station, you can buy a limited edition 20th anniversary design day passes.
- Type: 1-Day Pass and sticker set (valid until March 31, 2022)
- Price: 750 yen($6.8) per set
- Date of sale: July 22, 2021
- Where to buy: At the ticket counter of the Resort Gateway Station (not a ticket vending machine)
- Sales quantity: 20,000 sets (each person can purchase up to 10 sets)
Please note that only the 20th Anniversary limited design free ticket will go on sale earlier than the other events.
Some Disney fans collect Day Passes, and this limited edition design is going to be very popular.
Cast Member Costume Design Changes
The uniforms of Cast Members who work as conductors on the Disney Resort Line will have a new design.
Please see the press release for specifics.
The new costumes have a futuristic look with the Resort Line running on the vest. The buttons are Mickey Mouse-shaped and cute as well. I can’t wait to see the cast members in these costumes!
Disney Resort Line Special Movie Released!
You can watch a Special Movie about the 20th Anniversary of the Disney Resort Line on the official YouTube channel and official website.
There are already a few movies about the Resort Line on YouTube. Please check them out if you haven’t seen them yet. It’s cool!
This article introduced the 20th-anniversary event of the Tokyo Disney Resort Line.
In September, Tokyo DisneySea will celebrate its 20th Anniversary, and there will be many more events to experience at the parks in Tokyo. I will be adding more information to the blog, so please look forward to it.
Thank you for reading to the end.