Both first-timers and visitors after long absence may be puzzled by the loss of FASTPASS at Tokyo Disneyland and Sea.
This article describes the Disney Premier Access that started in 2022 at Tokyo Disney Resort.
What is Disney Premier Access?
Disney Premier Access (DPA) is a Paid Fastpass that offers reduced wait times for eligible attractions and shows by paying between 1,500 yen and 2,000 yen per person.
You can think of it as the Lightning Lane of Genie + at WDW.
When using Disney Premier Access for attractions
When using Disney Premier Access for attractions, you can book your ride time in advance and experience the attraction with a shorter wait time.
The attractions eligible for Disney Premier Access are as follows.
Tokyo Disneyland: 3 attractions
- The Happy Ride with Baymax
- Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast
- Splash Mountain
Tokyo DisneySea: 4 attractions
- Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Toy Story Mania!
- Tower of Terror
- Soaring: Fantastic Flight
After purchasing a DPA, you can use it by showing the 2D code displayed 5 minutes before the attraction’s usage time to a Cast Member at the entrance.
There are three things to keep in mind when using Disney Premier Access.
- Each ticket can be purchased once for one person.
- The next Premier Access will be available for purchase 60 minutes after the initial purchase or after the time of use
- Disney Premier Access to the same attraction can be purchased after use or after the end of use time.
When to use Disney Premier Access at a show
Disney Premier Access allows you to select a time to enter the viewing area and see the show from your reserved seat.
Shows eligible for Disney Premier Access are as follows.
- Disney Harmony in Color
- Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade
- Spooky “Boo” Parade
Tokyo Disney Sea
- Believe Sea of Dreams
After purchasing DPA, you can use it by showing the 2D code, which will be displayed 5 minutes before show admission time, to a Cast Member at the entrance.
The following are important points to note when purchasing Disney Premier Access for a show
- Each ticket is good for one show for one person.
- Tickets for the next show can be purchased after 60 minutes have elapsed from the original purchase or after the start of admission, whichever comes first
- Parade or show viewing locations are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and displayed in the app after purchase
Price for Disney Premier Access
Disney Premier Access is a fee-based service.
The prices per eligible attraction and entertainment are as follows.
Tokyo Disneyland (All prices are per person, per time.)
- Disney Harmony in Color: 2,500yen
- Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade: 2,500yen
- Spooky “Boo” Parade: TBD
- The Happy Ride with Baymax: 1,500yen
- Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast: 2,000yen
- Splash Mountain: 1,500yen
Tokyo Disney Sea (All prices are per person, per time.)
- Believe Sea of Dreams: 2,500yen
- Journey to the Center of the Earth: 1,500yen
- Toy Story Mania!: 2,000yen
- Tower of Terror: 1,500yen
- Soaring: Fantastic Flight: 2,000yen
Prices are current as of the date of posting.
Please check the official website for the latest information before you travel.
How to Purchase Disney Premier Access
Disney Premier Access can be purchased through the official Tokyo Disney Resort app.
The time slots are set hourly every 5 minutes.
You can check the official website for more details on how to do this.
The following credit cards can be used to purchase Disney Premier Access.
CB, Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners Club Card, Orico, and Mitsubishi UFJ NICOS.
In addition to credit cards, debit, and prepaid cards are also accepted.
If you do not have an official App or credit card, you can also purchase one at the Parks.
In this case, please visit Main Street House at Tokyo Disneyland and Guest Relations at Tokyo DisneySea.
Difference between Disney Premier Access and Priority Pass
You may be wondering how the Tokyo Disney Resort 40th Anniversary Priority Pass differs from Disney Premier Access.
Priority Pass and Premier Access differ in the attractions they cover.
Newer and popular attractions such as Soaring and Beauty and the Beast are only covered by the paid DPA.
(Tokyo Disney Resort 40th Anniversary Priority Pass is free.)
Also, the Premier Access allows you to choose your time, whereas the Priority Pass determines your experience time on a first-come, first-served basis.
For Tokyo Disney Resort 40th Anniversary Priority Pass, please refer to our previous article.
These two do not interfere with each other, so it is possible to get them at the same time as long as you take care of your schedule.
We have introduced Disney Premier Access (DPA), a paid service that can reduce waiting time at the parks.
Personally, I think it is a good idea to purchase Soaring at Tokyo DisneySea, as the wait can be up to 3 hours during peak season.
Although 2,000 yen per person is not cheap, I think it is a great advantage to be able to choose the time of use and shorten the waiting time.
You can also check out my review of viewing Tokyo DisneySea’s nighttime entertainment with a vacation package if you’d like.
Thanks for reading to the end.