June 24, 2022: Early Entry for Disney Hotel Guest Benefits ends on August 31 instead of June 30.
Besides the Kids Summer Fun Campaign, I have another exciting piece of information that I would like to share with you.
This summer only, you can get a Fastpass when you stay at a Disney-owned hotel.
To be a little more precise, they are not Fastpasses, but Attraction Tickets.
Now let’s take a look at the details of the attraction voucher you get when you stay at the hotel!
Disney Hotel Guest Benefits to Change
In the past, staying at a Disney-operated hotel has offered the following four benefits.
- Park tickets are available for purchase (with guaranteed admission)
- Early Entry (until August 31, 2022)
- Priority restaurant reservations
- Disney Resort Line Free Ticket (for Disneyland Hotel and MiraCosta guests)
Note: Resort Line tickets will not be issued for the Ambassador Hotel and Celebration Hotel as they have shuttle buses.
In addition to the above benefits, an Attraction Ticket will be added for a limited time.
- The above 4 benefits + AttractionTickets (1 or 2 tickets, free of charge)
What are Attraction Tickets for hotel guests?
Let’s take a closer look at the new guest benefit, the Attraction Tickets!
Attraction Tickets are similar to the FASTPASS that existed before the coronavirus pandemic.
- Attraction tickets allow you to ride the attractions with a shorter waiting time than usual.
- Each person needs one attraction ticket.
- The number of tickets is different depending on the hotel.
- Attraction tickets cannot be used on the day of check-in.
- Not valid for Soaring: Fantastic Flight and Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast.
Only Disney Hotels will distribute attraction tickets.
|Hotel||Number of Attraction Tickets|
|Tokyo Disneyland Hotel|
Disney Ambassador Hotel
Tokyo Disney Sea Hotel MiraCosta
|2 tickets per person per night|
|Tokyo Disney Resort Toy Story Hotel|
Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel
|1 ticket per person per night|
Official hotels such as the Hilton do not offer Attraction Tickets.
The number of tickets you will receive depends on the hotel type.
For deluxe-type hotels, you will receive two tickets.
Guests can use the Attraction Tickets during the following periods.
- Duration of use: July 14 – August 31
Guests checking in on July 13 can use their attraction tickets the following day.
On the other hand, guests checking in on August 31st will not receive attraction tickets.
However, the distribution period of attraction tickets may be extended.
The following attractions are available for use tickets.
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Haunted Mansion (except August 15 – September 13)
- Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blaster
- Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek! (except July 6 – 21)
- Space Mountain (except August 21-31)
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Please note that you cannot use your ticket for Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast and Splash Mountain.
- Tower of Terror
- Turtle Talk
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- The Magic Lamp Theater
- Nemo & Friends SeaRider
- Raging Spirits
At Tokyo DisneySea, attraction tickets cannot be used at Soarin’ and Toy Story Mania.
How to Use Attraction Tickets
How to use attraction tickets is very simple.
- Receive an attraction ticket at check-in
- Enter the park
- Show the ticket to a Cast Member in front of the attraction.
There is no need to specify a time in the App.
Even if you are a Disney Hotel guest, you will not be able to enter the time-shortened line without an attraction ticket.
Please make sure not to forget it in your room.
Difference between Vacation Package Attraction Tickets
Vacation packages, Tokyo Disney Resort’s own package plans, also include attraction tickets.
What is the difference between the Guest Benefits attraction tickets and those in the Vacation Package?
- Vacation packages include attraction tickets for popular attractions.
- Examples; Soaring Fantastic Flight, Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast
- No choice of popular attractions available for vacation packages.
Perhaps the time-saving effect of using attraction tickets is the same for both vacation packages and hotels.
This is because the waiting lines (Priority Access Entrance) for vacation packages and hotel guests at the attractions are the same.
Changes to hotel guest benefits may reduce the number of vacation package visitors.
I think the advantage of the vacation package is the promise of shows and character greetings.
So, I think it would not hurt Disney if there are fewer package tour guests who are mainly interested in attractions.
Even for vacation packages where the attractions are the main focus, it would be wonderful to have more tickets to use!
I introduced the changes to the Disney Hotel Guest Benefits for this Summer.
There is also the “Kids Summer Fun Campaign” offering half-price tickets, and it is likely that more guests will visit Tokyo Disney Resort.
In the lack of summer events, Disney is probably planning various ways to attract guests.
I plan to stay at a Disney hotel soon, so I will post a review article when I return.
Thanks for reading to the end.